1/48 Classic Airframes Boeing F4B-4

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

meatloaf109

1st Lieutenant
Jan 1, 2012
north carolina
There is someting of the masochist about me, I am building another Classic Airframes kit.
This one is one of my favorites, I have actually built it before, many, many years ago. The struts are too long, and the nose is too far out, but I love to build the "unbuildable". Some of you know what I mean, this is no Tamigawa, there is no "shake and bake" going on here. Positive locaters are in your dreams, and a fuselage that lines up is pure fantasy.
A resin engine is a plus, and the resin cockpit walls are cool also, but they do little to offset the warp of the wings and fuselage.
No matter, I can deal with those small matters. I have decided to put a pilot into the 'pit, as this one will be a "hanger".
The first step in painting a figure is to lay on the black. This has been done.

f4b3.jpg

f4b2.jpg

f3f1.jpg

f4b4.jpg

I hope YOU can sleep!

You got more going than I do..... I'm gonna have to reopen my "I've got more on my bench" thread....... you're tops!

That third pic even had Me goin.....

Oh Paul, her you go again, hitting your head against a brick wall
mad0235.gif

doing the impossible and a Classic Airframes kit, everything made to NOT fit……………….

I won't mention you know what………………..Ri……………..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back