1\48 Do 335 A12

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

sturmbock44

Banned
Nov 5, 2012
California
My first attempt at a start to finish build\ review for the site. one box pic and a sprue shot to start i will update soon with progress shots . Kit will be built out of the box... maybe add seatbelts... other than that i will finish it as wrk. num. 112 . with natural metal cowling and undersurfaces.81 82 uppers.

anteater.jpg

sprue335.jpg

Could have been worse. I had a friend who named his cat (after tripping over it one night, having been in the pub) Cooking Fat .....(think about it!).

Live Action . i been delaying the start of this because i been taking care of some family buisiness. i just finished cutting fuselage halves and cockpit parts off sprue. cleaned them up with some sanding , and sprayed RLM 66. Heres the parts relevant to the cockpit phase. some where glued prior to painting for better joints. RLM 66 sprayed and now im ready to do some detail painting. hope to post pics in about 5 or 6 hours. either way an update will be soon, as ill be working on this as soon as im done posting.
unpainted pit.jpg
painted bits 2.jpg
painted bits.jpg

frickin cat and slow start bumped me way down to bottom of page lol.

Last edited:
I had a dog,(that I miss dearly) that had a whole slew of names, none of with were very nice. He'd answer to any of'em to.:lol: Looking forward to this build. I am wanting to do a version of one of these and not sure which yet.:thumbleft:

i never really call him King Buddy so much as they act like king and queens doing as they please :) thats how i ended up with cats after our good old pup passed we ended up taking in a stray cat and slowly more came... we eneded up just getting them fixed and shots and letting them live their life as normal stopping by to eat when they want and leaving when they want. trying to do a small something about the stray animal problem in our area.
Any how heres what i accomplished in the time since i last posted.
Tamiya supplies decals for dials but they are on a black background... which isnt exactly correct . i started by cutting each dial out for the trainer panel ... got it all done and ready to go looked great! but i tried to cheat with a thick gloss clear coat instead of building up layers of future for the "glass" look... the gloss coat ended up taking away a lot of the detail that i had tried so hard to keep , it either melted the decal somewhat or some of the surrounding paint. anyways i cant exactly do anything about it so ill just do the front cockpit instrument panel with future. the picture doesnt really show needles but they survived more than the pic suggests. the front pit is almost done after i do the instrument panel for the front ill do a few small details and move on. wish i had some PE belts to add but i dont at the moment. also trainer instrument dials are just setting on the seat for photography they go together different for those who may be wondering.
cockpit dial.jpg
dialclose.jpg
front pit.jpg
painted so far.jpg
trainerdials.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks guys. ill update tomorrow night , i been having medical problems lately so its hard for me to sit down for long periods of time it feels like my liver or something is jacked up . . . got to love not having medical insurance lol! T BOLT , as far as building a Do-335 i can tell you the A-12 trainer just looks bad@ass when its done , i mean just the shape and look of it . I built one a long time ago that actually turned out good, but sadly one night i had upset an ex girlfriend and she destroyed every 1\48 model i had done or even underway ... long story short her honda paid for it! nothing like young lovers fighting :) pics tomorrow liver or no liver!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back