<-- **** DONE: 1/48 Do 335 - Twin Engined Aircraft of WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks Wayne and Jim. After a bunch of searching I found a decent photo of how the mud guard was mounted. I added two braces from stretched sprue that aren't included in the kit. I hope they hang around...

003.JPG

I never did finish My Do335 but managed to do the main painting. I think its still in the box in my stash. I'll have to pull it out and see if I had any of these fit problems. I don't recall ant but its been quite a few years.

Thanks guys. The last thing I did before camp was paint that sucker and the nose wheel. When I get home, I'll attach the wheel and place the assembly far away and mount it last. Glenn, reviews if the Monogram/Revell kit are far and few between and the few I've read don't mention any great problems. I did find one in ModelingMadness site that mentions a God awful fit and by the style of the review page layout it was done quite a while ago

Thanks all. Nose gear done with only very minor touch-ups to do. It isn't glued in allowing the bulge to sit properly once the strut is installed

003.JPG

Mudding up the main wheels a bit. I can get them to fit flush ¾ of the way around and then there's a small lip

Last edited:
It's looking good Geo. Just noticed that the oleo is at full extension - maybe the real aircraft, used as a pattern, was either on trestles or hanging from a roof when measured.

I think I saw a photo that had one of those red guards(?) in place. Might have been that one

EDIT: though not as extreme as the kit part....

Capture.JPG

EDIT THE EDIT: but then again....

upload_2017-1-18_19-43-40.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back