1/48 Dragon Ju 88R-2

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

le_steph40

Senior Master Sergeant
Jan 18, 2011
Montech
www.facebook.com
Hello,

Here is the start of my project: a Ju 88R-2 flown by Helmut Lent between May and October 1944 (until his accident).
No photo exist about this "special" aircraft, the only thing known is W.Nr.751088, the code probably D5+AA but many R-2s have nothing but national insignia... Without photo it is not possible to say :?:
The base is Dragon Ju 88C-6 night fighter with MDC or AIMS BMW engines and Master FuG 220 SN-2 radar Lichtenstein...

dragon5540.jpg

Here is the detail that we find in the box: Dragon 5540 Ju88C-6 Wersja Nocna

MDC BMW 801 engines
l_CV48048.jpg

AIMS BMW 801 engines with flame damper
db_IMGP31511.jpg

Master FuG 220 SN-2 radar Lichtenstein
Capture.JPG

I'm ready !!! :)

Nicely work so far. I've been assembling parts to convert a JU-188E into a "D" variant by using the left over JU-88G1/G10 kit. The BMW 801 engines of the 188E are slated to go on to one of my two JU-88C6 kits to make an "R". You've got a head start, so I will follow your build to see what I can learn before I start on mine. The one I want to do used the "Himmelbett" array.

Nice. If you are fussy about the looks of the sidewalls, those indentations where the wing fits could be filled in.

You're right Andy but I hope it will not be visible when the cockpit will be finished and closed :?:
AT6: my worry is about the mounting of the resin BMW801 engines on the model...!!! I hope not to have too much problem :rolleyes:

Here is the cockpit almost finished :)

DSCN3362.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back