1/48 F-106 Delta - Unofficial GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

brucejscott

Staff Sergeant
May 8, 2011
Williamsport, Pa
Username - brucejscott
First - Bruce
Scale - 1/48
Manufacturer - Revell
Model Type - Convair F-106 Delta Dart
Aftermarket - none
Decals - Superscale 481119

Almost done with the Seafire so time to jump in on this one so Glenn isn't so lonely. I will throw some history of the 94th FIS, " The Hat in the Ring Gang ", out later, but for now here is the kit...

100_1258_640x480.JPG

...and here is the aircraft that will be done.

59_0011_01Large_640x480.jpg

Work on this build will be low key as it is summer, but if I can finish before the Carrier Aircraft GB so much the better.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good one Bruce, and I agree with Vic - some great aircraft around in those days, and they all looked different, unlike today's stuff, where each one looks like a variation of the other!

Yeah, put down the Guinness, and the Judy, get out of the pub, and back to the bench old chap!

O.K., now that I'm done with Seafire, there's time to work on this one. Unlike some of you more talented chaps, I lack the ability to work on more than one model at a time. The cockpit module is complete and ready to go into the fuselage once it is assembled. Having built this kit before, not much time was wasted detailing the seat or sidewalls. You won't be able to see a damn thing once it's installed so why bother. It's really a shame too as Monogram have accurately reproduced every knob and switch on the port and starboard panels. Painted up right, it really is a treat but why bother. Hell, I had a hard enough time just trying to get light in there for a photograph.

100_1280_640x480.JPG

Shall start on the fuselage and it's big whopping seams next. That's where the real swearing begins.

You are off to a good start! Love them delta wings, I got a F-4-D skyray for the carrier build.
As for myself, it's more the lack of ability to finish one model at a time, than any talent!

Felt I needed to post an update before I got to far along. I've got the sides of the fuselage assembled and the top seam sanded out ( without losing the raised panel lines, amazingly enough ).

100_1281_640x480.JPG

The undercarriage and weapons bay have their base coat of Interior Green sprayed on...

100_1282_640x480.JPG

...and this big whopping seam on the tail is the next thing to go

100_1283_640x480.JPG

The small opening just ahead of the main wheel bay is for the Ram Air Turbine and is shown in the open position with the gear down. I find this hard to believe but don't have any clear photos yet to show one way or the other. Will keep looking.

Looking good Bruce, and, not knowing that much about the about the two delta birds, I hadn't realised that it had a weapons bay!
Don't know about this bird, but the RAT wasn't normally deployed on aircraft on the ground. However, I have seen photos, and the actual aircraft, where RAF Phantoms have the RAT deployed (on upper fuselage), presumably for servicing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back