<> **** DONE: 1/48 F4U-7 (BuNo. 33710) - WW1 / WW2 over Water.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks all. Sitting in camp now but before I left I tried to attach the cowling and ailerons so I could be ready for painting when I get home; not gonna happen without a fight, the parts being a bit too wide. This may be because they are add-ons to the original kit. A bit of filing and sanding should set things right. Have a good week gentlemen

Right....things were set right...

007.JPG
008.JPG

....as everything is going to be blue I'm going to attach the gear doors and then spray. As I typed that I noticed that I still have the antennae to attach first ](*,)

But they're bent ...........
Looking good Geo. By antenna, do you man the mast ?
I try to leave these until after painting, being one of the final 'sticky out things' fitted, to avoid damage when handling during painting.

Looks great Geo, love it when the airframe comes together. Agree with Terry, leave the antenna masts and other delicate doodads until after painting.

Thanks all and damn your fastidious eye Wojtek :) . I scored along the joints with my blade and gently pried the offenders loose. Using tube glue, ruler and Humbrol stand, I set the dihedral to as close to 0°ish as my Mk.I eyeball could get and then did the other side.

002.JPG

It may not look like it in the photo but I've measured each side 3 or 400 times and they are the same

Users who are viewing this thread

Back