<> **** DONE: 1/48 F4U-7 (BuNo. 33710) - WW1 / WW2 over Water.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I'm enjoying your WIP George. It's a pleasure to view both threads I've looked in on so far - yours and Andy's stringbag.

I have more kits in my stash than I have time on this Earth to build them but, for the usual insane reasons, I just bought the Fairey Barracuda Mk V (1/48) by Special Hobby and received it today. I must stop this ridiculous kit buying until I've completed a few :rolleyes:.

Mike

Thanks guys. I'm hoping to spray today or tomorrow. Mike apparently 122 is not the magic number, I purchased an Eduard 1/48 Spit Mk.VIII weekend kit last night. 123 is definitely the magic stopping number......unless a certain 1/48 Walrus tempts me and I find one in RCAF markings

The "No More Kits" rule must be meant to be broken. I've been saying it for years, and still I buy a kit I don't need !!
At my present 'build rate', I reckon I can get all of the kits in my stash built by the time I reach the age of 103 - and I think I have more chance of finding Hitler's dog been walked by Elvis - on the moon !!

This build is on Easter Sunday hiatus. However my daughter bought grandkid Ezra this psychotic toy, a marble maze, all assembly required.

013.JPG

The instructions are the killer. It starts out innocent enough, the base is laid out. When you move to the next step, the preceding step becomes transparent and the added parts are solid...

011.JPG

010.JPG
....this is all good until you are a few levels up....

003.JPG

....for some reason flexing has become a thing...

006.JPG

Several times I got lost...

004.JPG

Several hours later patience paid off though I had a wrong piece in place and the marbles promptly fell out at get-go

008.JPG

Thanks all....

..and I thought you were older than that image of a small person you've posted.

Michael, it doesn't take much for me to get on the floor and play cars with the young'uns especially the road map mat. Unfortunately i get carried away and it's all; "that's not the sound that truck makes", "you're going the wrong way on my designated one-way street" etc.and then I'm banished from the map and given the crappiest car with only three wheels.

Anyhoo, masking the clear parts is done and waiting for the glue to set. Bottom has been painted.

004.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back