<> **** DONE: 1/48 F4U-7 (BuNo. 33710) - WW1 / WW2 over Water.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Got the last of the rear gear parts tacked on and everything will be glued tight shortly. Parts E22 and E47 were for the tail hook up or down. The last off the tail innards, a 4 piece assembly. I glued 3 together first and lined them up while the glue set to ensure proper final alignment.

002.jpg

The 4th piece has now been glued on and is resting comfortably in its slots on the other fuselage half. Once this is set I'll mask all the attachment points and spray the innards. That 4 piece doohickey is white

I can live with that Andy. Terry, I think that may be for a gear up option, perhaps for another version as there is no option for the main gear up for this version. Tail section sprayed and as i had some left over i did the main gear wells too.

002.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks guys. Just waiting for the rear parts to dry and fuselage can be togethered.(screw you and your red squiggly line spell-check)

Innards are mounted and resting peacefully. I'm going to shave a bit off the rear bulkhead. There's a bit of a gap behind the tail and it can be closed with a bit of pressure but I would rather file a bit off. A quick test fit of the fuselage to the inner wing section shows the might be an issue near the rear sides but it was a quick check. HB would have one mount a 3 piece part to the engine and this part slots into the front off the fuselage never to be seen again. I don't know why HB detailed this part but I think it can be mounted first, from the inside and then the engine mounted after painting.

002.JPG
005.JPG

Thanks gents. In the end the gap was caused by the slot the rear bulk head fit into a few swipes to taper the bulkhead solve the problem. Checking references to see what has to be opened up and we can button it up. Going to start detailing the wing fold areas

Trying to figure out how to mount the engine after painting
002.JPG

The 3 part piece brings nothing to the table, its just glued to the back of the engine and then hangs in the void. Without this part, the rear of the engine fits in the fuselage hole. Once the halves are joined I can glue a flat piece of plastic to the back and then glue the engine to it. What I thought was going to be a slight overhang on either side of the rear fuselage/wing join is actually mostly covered by the inner flap. I say mostly as there will still about a 2mm overhang left. I'll check my references but I'm pretty sure its not supposed to be there. The inner flaps parts...

003.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back