--> 1/48 FW-190A3 - Post-War Warbirds

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

A couple more of the Turkish Wurgers...

Fw190A-3_Turkish39.jpg

Fw190A-3_Turkish36.jpg

Fw190A-3_Turkish12.jpg

Fw190A-3-Turkish41.jpg

Fw190A-3_Turkish11.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks, I've seen those but the jest of this build calls for Post War birds. In 1945 they began to paint them in the green and that's what I want to do. Not another German Fw with different stinces on the wing. I am hoping and looking to find a color photo (I know) of the green bird.

I see. I have found that at the beginning in the late autumn of 1945, the Fw-190s were repainted into all-around OD green.

OK I'm getting ready to start this little gem. I did end up keeping the F-8 and got my money (not shipping) back as well and I picked this one up at Kings for $15.

I would ask to modify my build by the addition of an eduard interior update kit though. Please let me know if any objections.

20160603_160601.jpg
20160603_160621.jpg
20160603_160718.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

So it looks like I'll be out of hock for a while. I passed my CDL today (Commercial Drivers License) and will be heading out to truck driving school soon. Then I'll be driving for ten days on, two days off. Gotta figure how to take my hobby on the road.

Hello there! It seems that this information could be useful to this thread. I know there are some other threads about the Turkish AF Fw 190Aa-3s but I think it is most relevant to here even though the thread is almost four years old. :)

There is an online monthly magazine published by defense industry in Turkey both in English and Turkish, C4 Defence. I found this article written by two TAF experts on the subject. Here's the link: C4 Defence IssueIssue 43 . Please go to the page 46-47 for the beginning of the article. What interested me was the color profiles on the pages 52-53 & 54-55. I wonder what you all think about those color combinations.

I also found a photograph of the #37 on the second set of profiles on p. 55, which seems to support their interpretation (pilot Vahdet Gürol made an emergency landing in this FW-190 Aa-3 No. 4137 on Jan. 8, 1945). You can see the three different color sets at the tail, the body and the cowling. It would be an interesting model. ;) Here it is:
37.jpg

I also found this article online piece bout the Werk Nummer block and where these aircraft were built in Germany: Non-Luftwaffe Focke-Wulf 190s

Users who are viewing this thread

Back