>> **** DONE: 1/48 HARVARD MK.IV - Prototype / Weird Aircraft / Trainers

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Geo, from memory, the engine cowling and engine assembly is not a great fit, as there is minimal contact surface. Might be an idea to cement it in place before priming and painting.

Thanks guys. I went down and glued the 3 piece exhaust ring/firewall(?)/engine assembly together, press fit it to the fuselage and then dry fit the cowling over it. Fit doesn't seem too bad, very snug. I will push just the cowling onto the fuselage when I prime and paint, this should leave the gluing area free of paint for later.

002.JPG

While looking around at the fit I noticed some more that needs to be removed to accommodate the replacement exhaust...

005.JPG

Also note in the pics my attempt at trying to figure out how to mask the innards. As a former brush painter this wasn't never a problem. I may try using wet tissue/cotton or just use 500 pieces of blue tape. Done for another week, bus in 3hrs. Have a good week gents.

EDIT: I went over this twice looking for typos/errors. Just found one so from now on I'm highlighting them as a warning to myself

Last edited:
My MK IV cowling was too loose so I used this method of placing 10 thousandths tabs around the fire wall. It took two layers but it is a snug fit. Yours might only take one layer provided it is loose afterwards. I also modified my engine with a prop shaft and modified to prop to accept it and now my prop spins.
100_1631.JPG
100_1635.JPG

Paint looks flawless! And yes a minimum of 12 hours is a good idea. Have had failures when I was in too much of a hurry with their paints. In terms of scratching, not sanding well and lift when masking. But after 12 or so very few if any issues. And I love how Vallejo covers so well!

Thanks all, first light coats are on, top and bottom...

009.JPG

...and while I had the white primer and yellow out I did the bottom of the captured 190 I'm ever so slowly working on though this should speed things up now.

005.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back