1/48 HB TBM-1 Avenger VT-6 - Carrier Aircraft GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

KoJo

Airman 1st Class
Aug 3, 2012
AZ
Subject: General Motors / Grumman TBM-1 Avenger VT-6 White 81
Name: KoJo
Category: Intermediate
Kit: Hobby Boss
Scale:1/48

Going to be starting another Avenger for the GB here shortly as I am wrapping up the British Pacific Fleet model.
Really love the early scheme as it is my favorite US colors flown on this bird..

I know its not the exact aircraft but part of the same squadron, and best photo I could find:
webmedia.jpg

Last edited:
Not on this one.. I will be doing the red border on a 1/32 one in the future. This was one of the photos from VT-6, I have another but I have to look for it. Both aircraft in the same squadron but different insignias.

Hopefully I finish the second one by the end date.. Starting on backdating the kit from the 1C to a 1. Removing guns from the wings and the panels and adding the .30 cal to the fuselage.

Started on the fuselage, this is going to take some time... I can say I'm pretty good with OOB builds, now I am putting myself out of my comfort zone but it is time for me to take it to the next level.. The wings were the easy part but getting this bloody fuselage gun to look right is driving me ](*,) :violent1: :2gunfire: :angry2:

I will keep pluggin away and will post a picture as soon as it is in a respectable condition...

Here is an example of what I am trying to do... Hopefully it looks decent when I'm done:
04.jpg

Last edited:
I got to ride in one once...... what a blast.

Lucky!! I get to watch one of them take off all the time where I live. Never managed to fly in one though but its on my list of things to do. Or if I stumble on the lottery then I will buy it! I will say though when an Avenger is taking off from the airport it has a sound that gives you goosebumps! Absolutely amazing.

Ok here are some pics, not pretty but once primer is laid it will look better, also removed wing gun panels and blister:

8040464333_e882f61117_b.png

8040473336_567349c7f5_b.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back