1/48 He 51B-2 Float Plane - Seaplanes / Floatplanes of WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

N4521U

Colonel
Nov 1, 2009
Miranda, NSW
Username: N4521U
First name: Bill
Category: Advanced
Scale: 1/48
Manufacturer: Special Hobby
Extras: Bloody none. Have to Makem if I wantem!
****I am getting barrels!

It'll have to be kinda outa-the-box except for some scratch built interior stuff. Not much made in the way of Extras. Sorta like Pauls build. Maybe I could just repost His pictures eh??????? I will wire the bugger up. Learned the hard way on my F2b WWI build how to do the buckles. When I get to them I'll show how I will approech This ones threads.

Attachments

• GB22 1a.jpg
    GB22 1a.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 397
Last edited:
Now just to show how the kit is different than, or alike!
I saw there was a new Improved He 51 kit, from C.A. So I thought I could use the New detailed Interior from it in the B model, or just put the floats from the S.H. on the C.A............ Well, low and behold, they are from the same bloody molds. The sprues are EXactly alike. Just the floats added to the S.H. kit..... Now how dissapointing is That I ask...... Proof below.

Attachments

• GB22 1b.jpg
    GB22 1b.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 261
  • GB22 1c.jpg
    GB22 1c.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 251
  • GB22 1d.jpg
    GB22 1d.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 243
Cool Bill I have a 1/72 Hase kit (old one) in Japanese markings I kinda considered as a maybe....Nice lines!

Good one Bill.
The kit manufactures should have to put the source of the molds on the box top if it isn't them, such as "Ex-Matchbox" or what not. How many different boxings of the AMT P-40s are there out there. Hobbycraft, AmTech. Probbly even more.

1/72nd, too small for my bit mits.
I wish this one had the dolly!

Been picking at it. Floats together, have to scribe seams that are misaligned.
The wings are kinda crap, dies are out of line.
May look at the second kit and sacrafice it for wings if they are good.
Would like to find c-pit pictures for some better detail.

Glenn, how nice would it be if we knew!

I know you will Charles, good to see you are up and around.
Sitting on it's floats, would be nice to have it on a dolly is all.

Putting longerons on the inside of the Skin of the cockpit.

Anyone know if there was a Floor under the seat? Or open to the fabric and Al skin of the underside of the cockpit?
But then the pilots legs would get tangled in the tubing of the frame eh.

Great pics Wojtku!

Bill, one of my favourite floatplanes, really looking forward to your work here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back