<-- **** DONE: 1:48 Lockheed Ventura II - Twin Engined Aircraft of WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Have to admire your grit Jeff, entering a GB with a rumbling kidney stone. Good on ya mate and believe me, I feel for you having one of my own rattling around from time to time. Hope you can get it sorted soon.

Well, it isn't much of a start but it is the first time sitting at the workbench since May of this year.

IMG_0032.JPG

It is good to smell glue and paint again.

Cheers,

Jeff

Good start Jeff.
I discovered an interesting and slightly unusual snippet when I was researching the Ventura a while back, which may help with your build Jeff.
It would seem that, in RAF service, the nose compartment, cockpit and radio room were painted in RAF Cockpit Grey Green (or U.S. equivalent colour), whilst the main 'cabin' and the rest of the interior was finished in the normal U.S. Interior Green. This was done before the aircraft were shipped to the UK.
If I get my Mosquito finished, I'm considering entering another model in the GB, and included in the final three choices is the Ventura which, if or when I build it, will possibly be done as a RAF Mk.1.

Good start Jeff.
I discovered an interesting and slightly unusual snippet when I was researching the Ventura a while back, which may help with your build Jeff.
It would seem that, in RAF service, the nose compartment, cockpit and radio room were painted in RAF Cockpit Grey Green (or U.S. equivalent colour), whilst the main 'cabin' and the rest of the interior was finished in the normal U.S. Interior Green. This was done before the aircraft were shipped to the UK.
If I get my Mosquito finished, I'm considering entering another model in the GB, and included in the final three choices is the Ventura which, if or when I build it, will possibly be done as a RAF Mk.1.
Interesting for sure. The nose area on this kit is molded in clear so after putting on the masks I will be giving both the interior and exterior a complete spray of interior grey green. The nose section will then be attached at a later point for the camouflage colours on the exterior.

Thanks Terry.

Cheers,

Jeff

Made it back to the bench for a bit and tackled the nose of my build. As mentioned previously, the nose section was molded in clear. I decided to spray the interior of same in British cockpit green as per Terry's hint from a couple of weeks back.

IMG_0009.JPG

IMG_0011.JPG

Once that was done I joined the two halves together.

IMG_0014.JPG

The only interior pieces were the top and bottom windows which were installed along with the navigator/bomb aimer table and his seat.

IMG_0016.JPG

The only items left for up front are a couple of machine guns which will be dealt with later. When it comes time to paint this beast, I will white glue the nose piece into place for painting and then remove same to install the guns. before permanently gluing the nose section on followed by the clear nose cone.

Cheers,

Jeff

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back