<-- **** DONE: 1:48 Lockheed Ventura II - Twin Engined Aircraft of WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

IMG_0013.JPG

She is going to be a fair size once she is finished.

Cheers,

Jeff

The sparse cockpit has been assembled and has been secured to the starboard side of the fuselage. Not much to see after closing the halves and that will be reduced even more after the canopy is put in place. I went with red/brown seat cushions as they do show some contrast. They may not be perfectly accurate but it breaks up the all green. No decal for the instrument panel so a couple of scratches of white paint will have to do.

IMG_0018.JPG
IMG_0019.JPG
IMG_0020.JPG

Cheers,

Jeff

Looking good so far Jeff.
A bit late now, but RAF Venturas only had the control column on the port side. I thought this was shown in the instructions, but i might be wrong.

Made it back down to the bench this morning and decided to tackle some of the back end of this bird. Later this afternoon I will touch up the overspray spots that always seem to appear in the pictures. Once that is done I will Future coat the tailplane assembly and let it dry. I will then apply the decals and set it aside until it is needed. The rudders have not been glued into place yet as it will be easier to apply the decals before attachment. They are just put in place for the photos.

IMG_0001.JPG
IMG_0004.JPG
IMG_0005.JPG
IMG_0006.JPG

Cheers,

Jeff

Tail decals and rubber de-icing boots are done.
IMG_0001.JPG
IMG_0002.JPG
IMG_0003.JPG

Still have to paint the horizontal tail plane rubber de-icing boots and then I can set it aside and move forward.

The wing halves have also been joined together and I will probably work on them next.

Cheers,

Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread

Back