1/48 Messerschmitt Me-262 - The Jet Age.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Jeff Hunt

1st Lieutenant
Jul 20, 2012
Guelph Ontario Canada
Username:Jeff Hunt
Name: Jeff
Category: Intermediate
Scale 1:48
Manufacturer: Monogram
Kit: Messerschmitt 262
Aftermarket: Possible decals

Cheers,

Jeff

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, somebody had to build one.

I got this kit off of E Bay a while back and this group build is the perfect time to get it done.

A few of the pieces are off the sprues but when I received the kit everything was in the sealed bag.

I am not sure if I want to use the kit decals or I may have a look around for some aftermarket stuff. I am reserving that option and I won't get started on this one until next weekend at the earliest.

IMG_0003.JPG

IMG_0004.JPG

IMG_0005.JPG

IMG_0006.JPG

IMG_0007.JPG

IMG_0008.JPG

IMG_0009.JPG

IMG_0010.JPG

The kit is fairly generic, does not even have any info as to what sub variant this model is to represent. If anyone has any info or can tell by the included pics I would be glad to hear from you.

Kit allows you to do the fighter or bomber version, some had the upper cannon openings faired over so once you decide on the markings this is the one area that needs verification.

Kit allows you to do the fighter or bomber version, some had the upper cannon openings faired over so once you decide on the markings this is the one area that needs verification.

Yep.....I believe the cannon breech bulges will have to go and perhaps fair over two cannon ports as per Fubar's post.

Cheers,

Jeff

OK Jeff, I have spare Tamiya decals for the following 2 Sturmvogeln:

9K+BK (red B) of 2/KG51

262_1.jpg

9K+BH (white B) of 1/KG51

Me262A-2a9KBH1KG51Rheinesep1944.jpg
Me262A-2a9KBH1KG51Rheinesep194401.jpg
Me262A-2a9KBH1KG51Rheinesep194402.jpg
Me262A-2a9KBH1KG51Rheinesep194403.jpg

In both cases, the small 9K in front of the fuselage cross is not available but I still have the file to make you some some myself. These can turn out quite nice as seen on my Me 410:

120107 Side 2.jpg

Let me know if you're interested and I'll get whichever you pick in the mail to you.

Andy. PM sent. Taking a second look at the 9K on the included decal sheet, I am now concerned it may not be the correct size. Perhaps it would be best if you printed me one. Sorry to be a bother.

Jeff

Can't have a Jet Build without a few Schwalbes eh? I love the 262 and am seriously considering one for my 2nd entry. I really like the Sturmvogel schemes that Andy has posted.

OK Jeff, message received. Your 9K's do look a bit big so I'll make you a set. I'll have to load up the file in Photoshop and rescale it to suit the H's I'll send you but that will prevent me from posting tomorrow. Is it OK if I post the decals on the weekend?

OK Jeff, message received. Your 9K's do look a bit big so I'll make you a set. I'll have to load up the file in Photoshop and rescale it to suit the H's I'll send you but that will prevent me from posting tomorrow. Is it OK if I post the decals on the weekend?

No rush, it will be some time before I am ready for them. I don't see this build going as quickly as the Mig 17.

I did get started last night when I sanded off the cannon breech fairings from the nose cowling. It was nice that they were solid so that there was no filling required.

Thanks for the help....

Jeff

I have this kit, pulled it out and mulled it, sniffed the plastic and looked over at the two Tamiya's I have, set it back down and pulled out a Buccaneer. Nice choice Jeff a bit of a challenge but a overall good kit. You will make a very nice model this I am sure.

Got started yesterday and took care of filling cannon troughs in the nose, landing gear and the cockpit. Photos show a couple of spots to be touched up. Since photos were taken the fuselage halves have been joined and the cockpit installed.

IMG_0001.JPG

IMG_0004.JPG

IMG_0005.JPG

IMG_0007.JPG

Cheers,

Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread

Back