++ **** DONE: 1/48 Meteor F-8 - Military Conflicts of the 1950's

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Looks simple enough Andy...:D

Here's mine...
93_Firing Cables added_4664.jpg
94_Firing cables_4667.jpg

Thanks Glenn.

I've scored a couple of sections PSP mat to mount this one on as per the primary pic of Halestorm.
Can't finish it yet as I am waiting on some decals for the nose to be made for me, so she is currently in a holding pattern.
PSP Mat_4669.jpg

2 Plates each about 200mm x 150mm side by side $6 each, compared to the metal fit together stuff which would look better but be 10 times the cost, maybe more... to cover the same area.

Yep, that metal PSP is great, but costs a King's ransom to make a 'pad' anything larger than a Jeep !
I won some on e-bay a couple of years back, exactly the same as yours Wayne, although a different colour, and slightly larger, made by a French company who do military vehicles and accessories, by the name of Gaso Line. Can't remember exactly but there's either ten or twelve sprues of two plates in the box, and I got them for around £5.
Worth looking for if you need more.

Buys 283.jpg
Buys 282.jpg

That should look the biz when done.
The PSP could be Olive Drab, but was (and is) more commonly a chocolate brown colour, which soon faded and, of course, rusted on the edges slightly. Obviously local conditions would also affect the appearance, with dust, mud, sand etc ingrained into the plates.

Thanks Guys, the PSP colour....seen so many variations so I'm starting with a Silver (Steelish) base and will go from there...

Now my Nose decals have arrived but i won't deal with this till the weekend., meanwhile I have pre-fabricated a Plasticard Blast pen Wall which will be covered with a bunch on Sandbags....see extra pics courtesy of the Net!
96_Blast shelter_4778.jpg
97_Blast Shelter_4781.jpg
post-14500-0-27021400-1421689682.jpg
JK0169.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back