++ **** DONE: 1/48 Meteor F-8 - Military Conflicts of the 1950's

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks Guys, my son and his girlfiend have been down for the weekend staying with us so I only had one window of 2 hours saturday afternoon when everyone else was out and I was home alone...so meteor decalling was the order of business. All primary and some secondary are in place.
still a number of decals to do so next gloss overcoat to seal everything probably wont happen till Wednesday....so finish will likely be next weekend by the time I add the extra bits...
73_Primary Wing decals_4509.jpg
74_Nose Decals_4511.jpg
75_Rear Fuselage_4515.jpg
76_Main Decals_4516.jpg

Thanks Guys.

Got 99% of the decals done now...some 150 plus in all.

then i was pi$$ed the Alps printed nose numbers don't like handling during decalling part of the starboard side 1 is gone and all 3 digits on the port side are rubbed away enough that they are pretty much useless now.. see post 162's nose decals compared to what it looks like now on the port side....
77_Fuselage & Wing Decals_4535.jpg
78_Decals on_4530.jpg
79_Decals on_4533.jpg
80_Lower wing decals_4528.jpg
80_decal rubbed off_4524.jpg

Well if you can, please check if another net browser does have the same problem.

There may have been something on the decal paper when they were printed, hence the separation. Or, insufficient seal coat and water dissolved the ink. Too bad. I missed something here and did not realize you were using custom decals.

Just had a look at a couple of B&W photos from the period, showing RAAF Meteors, and the RPs look to be he same as used in WW2. So, the same colours - Dark Green body, Olive Drab/ Olive Green warhead, yellow bands and stencils.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back