1/48 MPM Fulmar MK2 Night Fighter

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

TimEwers

Airman 1st Class
Aug 28, 2010
it is a interesting subject but it went down hill when I put the wings on.

problems I had

1 sides were warped and I did not notice until I glued the wings on.
2 landing gear doors too short and not the right shape for the opening people with more experience could fix that.
3 managed to break the front canopy when I tried to fix the scratch in it. And because the sides were warped it did not set right.
4 if you go by the instructions you will not be able to fit the control panel in. put the panel in first then the floor.
5 Back canopies too long tried to sand one down and sanded too much got a gap pulse with the thing warped does not quite set right.
6 Because the wings do not quite line up everything is off in regards to the mg parts and the landing light and marker lights
7 Mg parts are a tad bit too small all around Again tried to fix them but did not do too good a job and at this point I was ready to throw the kit out.
8 Pe parts sucked I'll leave it at that.
9 the decals were the only good thing to me about this kit went down without a problem but I think the side roundels are a bit too big someone with more experience with British navy kits can tell me if they are.

Attachments

• Picture 354.jpg
    Picture 354.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 148
  • Picture 358.jpg
    Picture 358.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 150
  • Picture 356.jpg
    Picture 356.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 160
  • Picture 355.jpg
    Picture 355.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 161
  • Picture 359.jpg
    Picture 359.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 149
  • Picture 357.jpg
    Picture 357.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 158
  • Picture 353.jpg
    Picture 353.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 147
Fine looking model in my opinion. I really do like the plane though and might look up a bit by another company.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back