++ **** DONE 1/48 NA F- 51D/K - Military Conflicts of the 1950's (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

destrozas

Senior Master Sergeant
Jan 12, 2010
Username: destrozas
First name: Sergio
Category: Intermediate
Scale: 1/48
Manufacturer: 61044
Model Type: north american f-51 d/k
accesory: none

art box

F51_zps5xjejhzv.jpg

1. North American F-51D Mustang
    #412943 FF-943 Korea
    12th FBS, 18th FBG: this option builds your mustang looking very mean, with sharks teeth and eyes on the nose of the plane, USAF markings, unit emblems, all the standard USAF markings, and also the scripture on the nose "Was that too fast?"
  2. North American F-51D Mustang
    #474941 FF- 941 (Col. W. Clark) Korea. Col. W. Clark, CO of the 18th FBG: This will build your plane as, no surprises here, Col. W. Clark's bird that he flew during Korea, standard USAF markings, only unique thing about this set of markings is the Red, Yellow, Orange, White, and Blue stripes for the tail. And also what I believe is a unit emblem to go just under the front of the canopy.
  3. North American F-51D Mustang
    #474651 FF-651 (Capt. J.W. Rogers)
    Korea Capt. J. W. Rogers, 36th FBS, 8th FBW: Again, no surprises, these are the markings for Capt. Rogers Mustang. Standard USAF markings, Red tail stripe, but, one thing about this plane, and I'm not sure if you are meant to choose one out of the two, or if Mr. Rogers simply had a fancy for vandalising USAF property … but it comes with two sets of Nose Art, on the right side "Red Eraser", the head of what appears to be Either Dave O'Meara on a very bad day…lol, kidding Dave, or Satan wearing a Pilots helmet and goggles, also for this side of nose art are two white dice.
    On the Right side, are the words "BUCKEYE BLITZ VI" and again, the Devil in Pilot gear.
    This set of markings also comes with his "kill list", where Col. Rogers has drawn up a bomb for each time he did away with of one more North Korean.

Last edited by a moderator:
we go with the interior, parts cleaning

IMG_6228_zpsgkriv5li.jpg

and painted parts

IMG_6245_zpsecbeybms.jpg

IMG_6246_zpsryhjw2og.jpg

IMG_6247_zpsddnm8mau.jpg

IMG_6248_zps3lj7hryb.jpg

IMG_6249_zpsrndx661i.jpg

So here it is where I have still have job but be easy thing

and as happens in the models that have nothing more than agitate for all the plane case develops fast

IMG_6254_zps6fanhfuz.jpg

fuselage and glued

IMG_6261_zpskwnykp9u.jpg

Blazing work Sergio! Your production is at full capacity!

took six days at home without being able to go out and the yard have nothing else to do, is get in front of the idiot box (television) or I start with my models, like books still not have received since I have read and course books if they can be better on paper than in digital.:cry::cry::cry:

Nicely done so far!

thank you again :lol::lol::lol:

Fast progress, and looking good Sergio.

the plane started it in 3or 4 of September so I have not put anything since my three exemplary for this GB no teni clear that enter and not supposed to be in 1949 dropped out the latest model as well was so until I tube clear I did not put this, it was the choice of my daughter and she helps me to be the first assembly I amount with your help and your first serious incursion from start to finish.

thansk fellas
we work on Saturday and Sunday
lame far lights under her wings, and with the bit corresponding deflector is made, after pintare shiny metal before placing the acetates cut to size and already painted

IMG_6265_zpswuv0xc3z.jpg

after painting zinc chrome yellow, gave a dirtied and washed

IMG_6266_zpsaoq3ulxo.jpg

all well done and dry prepared sticking wings and ailerons, as well as making the radiator

IMG_6286_zpskiq3dflp.jpg

IMG_6287_zpswjhyko5d.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back