1/48 Otaki KI 61 'Tony' (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

treyzx10r

Senior Airman
Dec 27, 2010
orlando
I just finished this Otaki kit please feel free to critique/comment. I did it oob nothing crazy. The fit on this molding was some what dissapointing compared to other Otaki kits I've done

Ki-61fini002.gif

Ki-61fini006.gif

Ki-61fly002.gif

Ki-61fly003.gif

Ki-61fly004.gif

Ki-61fly005.gif

Ki-61fly006.gif

Ki-61fly007.gif

Ki-61fly008.gif

some retro

Ki-61fly006-1.gif

Ki-61fly007-1.gif

Ki-61fly004-1.gif

Here is the biggest gap I've come across in a kit yet
Ki-61Tony001.gif

had to use some .8mm sheet to fill it
Ki-61Tony003.gif

some other fit issues
Ki-61filler006.gif

Ki-61filler005.gif

green squadron putty saved it from the bin

Most beautiful photos that show us these compositions are beautiful, the model does not look too bad I'm doing one of Arii, and comparing it looks great era yours that is how the principles of the plane?, Color, maybe something really good ms paneling but I'm not very keen to give it a lot.
general features I like in the photos look so far but some of this already well ....

I've never seen the boxes of Otaki

Thanks for the comments Destrozas,Otaki and Arii are very alike looking forward to seeing your build of it!

Great job on the Otaki kit. You're right, that was a huge gap! But the end result was very nice.

I built the Arii kit 20+ years ago?Basically the same kit if I am not mistaken.Fit was pretty good Trey but the decals arrrghh.I had to go to the local Japanese resturant and get the lady to write a letter for more decals(way before internet became the norm).I built two one green and the other like your's but your build just made me throw them away :lol: keep up the good work.

Last edited:
Great build. I really like your pictures. The second to last is cool and has the look of aged positive film.

Sorry to see you had some serious 'fit' issues, this is not a bad kit once you get into it, youve done a good job on her!

here's one I did many moons ago....and for the record Arii and Otaki are separate brand names for the same series of kits. Otaki being the original, some of the kits are also repopped under other names too, these escape me at the moment....

Attachments

• Ki-61_Arii-Otake_8546.jpg
    Ki-61_Arii-Otake_8546.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 126

Users who are viewing this thread

Back