1/48 P-51D - Your Favorite Aircraft of All Time GB (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Rogi

Master Sergeant
Aug 1, 2011
Username:Rogi
First Name: Igor
Category:3 (Just a reguler out of the box again :D)
Scale: 1/48
Kit Manufacturer: Hasegawa
Model Type: P-51D
Details: I'll be using the kit decals to portray Captain Charles E. Weaver's P-51D, who attained 8 kills and was one of only a couple pilots to attain a Me-262 kill. From the 362nd FS, 357th FG (the same group Bud Anderson and Chuck Yeager and many other famous American aces are from.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Self Explanitory, I saw a woman on the kits front and I purchased it on impulse.Thankfully it turned out to be a Hasegawa kit when I realised what I had done :D
DSCN3369.jpg

Start to the build a quick assembly of the cockpit seat and parts and then into the painting booth with the fuselage.
DSCN3317.jpg

More to come soon, after I detail the cockpit.

brucejscott:
A is for Airborne
I is for in the sky
R is for rough and tough
B is for born to fly
O is for on the go
R is ranger
N is for never quit
E is for every day
hooya..........Benning '65

DSCN3365.jpg

After the base coat and a bit of weathering to the panels, detail them with the appropriate colors (I found a site where you can see a full color 360 view of the interior of a P-51 trainer, so I used that mostly for my color refrences as well as comparing them to a P-51D we have in our aviation museum here in Ottawa)

DSCN3383.jpg

Next, glueing them into the proper position after everything is painted with a fine brush.

DSCN3385.jpg

Finally getting the rest of the colors and detailing the cockpit instrument panels done with fine tweezers slowly picking them out one by one, before going over them with dry brushed paint. I'll have some better angles next time :)

Almost done, just close her up, putty and almost good to go painting :)

Woo Thank you Wurger :D and all the judges, I'll edit the first post to reflect the aircraft change to the one I finally decide to pick (Ole Goat most likely) when I decide to make a final decision on it :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back