++ **** DONE: 1/48 P-63C - Military Conflicts of the 1950's (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Decided to put the canopy on first so here are the last pictures of the finished cockpit then the installed Vac canopy. The fit was pretty good, not like revievs that said it was too small. Still needs to be smoothed in yet.

Speaking of reviews, I've been reading a few of this kit on the internet that totally bash it saying it's one of the worst kits ever.
I do not agree.
It is an older limited run kit so there is a lot of fitting and filing involved and also quite a bit of filling to make things blend together, but no more than other limited run kits and a lot less then some I've built. All the filling I've done has been with CA so it wasn't like I was using a whole lot. If you are going to build one of these older limited run kits you have to go in with a mind set that it is not just going to fall together for you and expect to spend quite a few hours with a needle file and sandpaper. I actually enjoy the challenge and just put on the radio and listen to music as I work on the joints.

PA222197.JPG
PA222198.JPG
PA222201.JPG
PA222200.JPG
PA222202.JPG

That's looking the biz Glenn, and I agree with your views on limited run kits - any fool can 'shake and bake', but modelling should be personally creative.

Here's the work I've done over the last couple of weeks. It's taken so long because I've been giving the Floquil silver colors a good long time to cure before I mask over them.

Masking for the second shade of silver
PB022226.JPG

A few pictures of the NMF finished with the two shades of Floquil to very the panels
PB052227.JPG
PB052229.JPG
PB052230.JPG

Masking for the anti-glare panel and wing walks
PB062232.JPG

The finished black areas
PB062233.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back