++ **** DONE: 1/48 P-63C - Military Conflicts of the 1950's

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Took a few days but all the decals have been placed and sealed. They were pretty thin so it took some extra care placing them and the roundels came in three parts each - white with the yellow border, red, and the blue dot, so i did them over a three day period.
Next is the fun part - messing it up. These French P-63's were pretty well worn so I won't have to hold back much.

PB182246.JPG

Despite the appearance of the last photo that looks like this is taking the airplane Glenn very good

I wouldn't call that a wash. That's un-thinned Tempra paint straight from the bottle.
After I do the wipe down with damp paper towels and Q-tips it will leave dark panel lines and a rather dirty look which is what I'm looking for. After a shot of dull coat it should give me a dirty oxidized aluminum look.
I hope.

The wipeing of the tempra has been finished. Still have some staining to do before the dull coat but that will have to wait until after the holiday weekend.

PB222249.JPG
PB222250.JPG

Yes, it has, and it's quite effective.
It looks great overall, but perhaps a little too 'stark' in places. If it's possible to reduce the effect slightly on some of the panel lines and rivets, making it a little more subtle in some areas, I think it would improve the overall effect - maybe a grey wash or tint, rather than the harsher black ?
I like the weathered and faded look of the bare metal, and this, together with the overall worn and grubby look, is what I eventually want to achieve on my Fennec (when I get around to finishing it, that is !!), so I'd be interested to see what can be done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back