1/48 Phantom FGR.2 - The Jet Age.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Username: Catch22
First name: Cory
Category: Intermediate
Scale: 1/48
Manufacturer: Hasegawa
Model Type: Phantom FGR.2
Aftermarket addons: AirDoc Decals, Eduard PE

154416-11863.jpg

Last edited:
For this Phantom, I will be doing one of the aircraft sent to Ascension Island after the Falklands War. As with the Sabre, I'm not sure which aircraft precisely I'm doing, but I'm hoping to do the aircraft that Terry stuck a sticker on before it departed the UK! We just have to try and determine which one it is. Here are some pictures, both from the internet and that Terry provided in another thread, of some of the aircraft. Karl has also very kindly offered me his extra stencils as neither the kit nor the AirDoc decal sheet came with them...

281199.jpg

281200.jpg

281264.jpg

281265.jpg

harrierphantomsenascens.jpg

Last edited:
Always liked that scheme of the Alcock and Brown commemoration flight. That was a couple of 56 Squadron guys Alcock and Brown who popped across the Atlantic on that flight, shame you're not doing that one Cory.

But I like the Ascension idea, honestly didn't know they had been sent there after the Falklands War.

I had that decal set Cory, years back but when I tried to use it even though I'd treated it first, the whole set just cracked into shards as soon as it was applied. Crying shame but the model was still finished in my 56 Squadron theme.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back