1/48 PZL 37A Los - Allied Manufactured Aircraft

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

tigerdriver

Staff Sergeant
Sep 20, 2010
Norwich UK
www.seloc.org
User Name: Tigerdriver
Name: Dave
Category: Beginner
Kit: Mirage Hobby PZL 37a Los
Scale: 1/48th
Accessories: None

PZL P.37 (Panstwowe Zaklady Lotnicze - National Aviation Establishment) was the most modern aircraft in the inventory of the Polish Air Force in September 1939 and a symbol of Polish technological ingenuity. In fact it was one of the best medium bombers of its time featuring several advanced technological designs, combining good performance and manoeuvrability with high bomb carrying capability. However, too few aircraft were delivered to the front line units by the time WW2 broke out to make a considerable contribution to the Polish war effort in September 1939. This was due to design's "teething" problems and equipment delivery delays.

PZL-37_Los.jpg

Must admit this is a plane i know very little about. The kit is a mirage hobby version of the plane in 1/48.

My other half is Polish and this was a gift from my Polish relatives.

Its a pretty modern looking aircraft with an unusual bomb bay arrangement, using two bristol pegasus engines built under licence in Poland. Sadly delays with the supply of key components such as radio equipment, props and even guns meant that by the time the war began there weren't sufficient in service (86) to make an impact. After Poland fell the remaining aircraft were either seized by the romanian airforce or used by the luftwaffe as a trainer for the Ju88

MIR048131-2.jpg

The kit looks fairly nicely made with recessed panel lines and the complex looking transparent parts look nice and clear. Sadly doesn't look like a mask set is easily available ! The unusual wing bomb bays are pose able open which might be different. The kit hasn't been built with locating pins.

The instructions are entirely in Polish, which might be fun. There aren't many reviews on line but fit doesn't sound like its perfect but hey, in for a penny

I haven't decided which job decals to use but it will be one of two aircraft from 212 Eskadra Bombowa . All Polish planes were finished in a Khaki over light blue scheme so not too much choice there :)

Wish me luck this might be a challenge

My pleasure. Here are shots of the PZL 37A No. 72.11 that was a gift for the Polish Airforce founded by bank clerks of Polish Banks. The bomber was given to the 212 Bomber Squadron of the 1st Regiment in Warsaw on the 8th December 1938. Later she was sent to the Dęblin school and then on the 17th September 1939 was evacuated to Romania where was taken over and serviced with the Romanian AF with No.201 until the 1.IX.1944.

p37a_2.jpg

p37a_1.jpg
p37a_3.jpg

p37a_4.jpg
p37a_5.jpg

p37a_6.jpg
p37a_7.jpg

p37a_8.jpg

Cheers guys looking at that canopy in the kit and given there is no mask available it may take me the whole 3 months just do try that lol

oh well

I will give the parts a wash and do some sprue pics over the weekend, I don't usually bother as I am usually ploughing a well worn furrow but i suspect this isn't a kit lots of people have seen

Making these mask with the Tamiya masking tape , a pencil and scissors is a piece of cake. It took me about a half of an hour for doing that for my 1/72 scale Łoś. Anyway I keep my finger crossed for you.

I wish you ganbare with this kit.
I build this about a decade ago, when it first came out...
Dry fit everything a few times and use a good primer to fill out the pebly kits surface.
Though it builds up in a nice model with some effort.

There was a nice etching detail set availble for the PZL 37.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back