1/48 RAF Mk.IA Mustang - Allied Manufactured Aircraft

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Aaron Brooks Wolters

Brigadier General
Jul 28, 2007
Abingdon, VA.
Username: Aaron Brooks Wolters
First name: Brooks
Category: Intermediate
Scale: 1/48
Manufacturer: Accurate Miniatures.
Model Type: RAF Mk.IA Mustang
Aftermarket addons: None

Trying to get myself back into this. I fell out with the Stoof. I will finish it but need something a little more simple and fast pace to get the juices flowing again. Got a new computer and am learning it to so bare with me. Started a cockpit painting already and will get some photos up this weekend. Been looking for cockpit photos of this bird and found a few but nothing decisive. Really like this bird and if anyone knows where I can find a Mk. I Mustang in 1/48 please let me know. They were the only ones with the eight gun setup. Four 50s, and four 30s. Anyway, here we go.

IMG_8749 resized 20a.jpg

Last edited:
Andy, if a mod is willing to move this thread, I'll edit it with the proper headings and have a go.
And thank you George, I sent a PM.

Here a couple of pics of the kit sprues ....

IMG_8750_edited-1 resized 20a.jpg

IMG_8751_edited-1 resized 20b.jpg

IMG_8752_edited-1 resized 20c.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Great stuff Aaron, and a subject I've long wanted to do too. I should have some reference material you can use - not sure if I have your e-mail address, so if you'd care to PM it to me, I'll get something sorted for you.
As for Mk1 Mustangs, both AM and Hobbycraft used to do one, along with ICM I think. I see them pop up now and then on e-bay, and there may be one at a King Kit too.
EDIT: Just checked King Kit, Aaron, and they have both the AM and ICM kits in stock, pre-owned, but they'll be complete and in good condition, if not 'new, old stock'. Forgot to make a note of the prices, but I think the AM kits were £19.99, and the ICM a bit less.

Last edited:
Emails on the way...

Geo

Thank you George, they came through just fine.:thumbright:

Great stuff Aaron, and a subject I've long wanted to do too. I should have some reference material you can use - not sure if I have your e-mail address, so if you'd care to PM it to me, I'll get something sorted for you.
As for Mk1 Mustangs, both AM and Hobbycraft used to do one, along with ICM I think. I see them pop up now and then on e-bay, and there may be one at a King Kit too.
EDIT: Just checked King Kit, Aaron, and they have both the AM and ICM kits in stock, pre-owned, but they'll be complete and in good condition, if not 'new, old stock'. Forgot to make a note of the prices, but I think the AM kits were £19.99, and the ICM a bit less.

I will look those up Terry, and thank you for the offer. George has already sent me a plethora of info, but I will send you my E-mail just in case. :)

:cool:

Nice choice Aaron!

Thanks Corey!

Thank you for the E-mail Terry! I've been doing the cockpit details at a leisurely pace today. Working on keeping it neat. The instrument panel is clear and has a decal that goes on from the back. Been trying to figure out the easiest way to mask the gauges so I can paint the front face of the panel. Not come up with anything neat and simple yet.

Thank you Wayne and Jeff. Been doing research on the info everyone has sent me and painting as I find what is and is not there in the kit. Once I get the cockpit together I will post some shots.

Been doing a lot of painting and fitting. Just about ready to start putting together. I ended up free hand painting the face of the instrument panel and I didn't do too bad. The photos I have seen of the floors in the Mk.IAs when they have had some use and wear look to be of wood. I may try to weather the floor and some other parts but not sure yet. I know I'm moving at slow pace but I'm moving. Anyway, here are some shots. Got to wait for the paint to dry before I go to putting it together.

Attachments

• IMG_0092 adjusted cropped.jpg
    IMG_0092 adjusted cropped.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 188
  • IMG_0093 resized 20.jpg
    IMG_0093 resized 20.jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 196

Users who are viewing this thread

Back