1/48 Revell P-40B ?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Bucksnort101

2nd Lieutenant
Sep 11, 2007
Minnesota
I'm hoping to get back into modelling WWII aircraft this coming Winter. Plans are to starts with a cheap model. I've got a 1/48 Revell P-40B kit in the cabinet that I plan to start with and I was wondering if there are any aftermarket upgrades for this kit? a more detailed cockpit, etc?

Hi Buck', good to hear you're getting back to the hobby. I believe there will be cockpit sets etc for the P40 series, although I'm not sure which Marks etc. There were a number recently, I think from Eduard, probably Aires and others. The best thing is to look on some of the larger Model mail-order sites, for example Squadron in the 'States, and Hannant's in the UK (the latter do ship to the U.S.A.). Look under the title of 'Accessories' or maybe 'Detailing Parts' or similar.
Many of these detailing kits are resin, and whether there's one specifically for the Revell kit, I don't know, but most can be adapted, depending on design, construction, materials etc.
Hope this helps a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back