1/48 Revell P40 Tiger Shark [RAF] (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Maglar

Tech Sergeant
Jan 29, 2009
Florida
Just finished this today. I only airbrushed the US Tac Green on, everything else was hand painted including the camo lines. Ran out of dullcote and buying more tomorrow so dont worry about the gloss :lol: [ If anyone wants to see the dullcote in effect just say it and i'll take some more with it on tomorrow ]. Kit was alright, soft plastic, gaps, you know revell.. :rolleyes: Enjoy, comments and suggestions always welcome. [Canopy might be painted]

Attachments

• PICT0222.JPG
    PICT0222.JPG
    67.7 KB · Views: 111
  • PICT0223.JPG
    PICT0223.JPG
    68.7 KB · Views: 142
  • PICT0220.JPG
    PICT0220.JPG
    61.8 KB · Views: 129
  • PICT0225.JPG
    PICT0225.JPG
    69.5 KB · Views: 119
  • PICT0226.JPG
    PICT0226.JPG
    65.8 KB · Views: 138
Thanks catch, the corsair is next! I want to make a "dirty" plane soon, this clean stuff is mediocre :D

Sure thing.. I guess the P38 is up at bat haha [When does it start. cant seem to locate the group builds tab]

Me too mull, looks like its ready to go. I dont have anything with photoshop or anything because I think a model looks better in this world, not a rendered backround. Call me old school

Looks good, and should look great with the matt coat on. I think it's worth masking and painting the canopy frame though.
You'll find the current Group Build in the 'Start to finish Builds' section, which should give you an idea of how things are working on this first one. You can't miss it, they're all Luftwaffe! There's also a bit more background in the 'Unternehmen Luftbrucke' thread, which is the name for the first GB, meaning 'Operation Airbridge', as it's a bridge to members across the globe. The next GB will be Pacific Theatre of Operations, and will start at the end of April/early May, as the current GB ends. More info will be posted re photos and 'rules' soon. Meanwhile, if you've any questions, just ask!
Terry.

she looks great!

but why leave the canopy bare? ....just curious XD

Right on.. my tac green is acrylic and It just seeped under the tape but omg a toothpick removed the excess quite easily. I'm stoked.. pics tonight for sure!

Thanks pong, reference the "adjusted" thread.. I fixed it :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back