1/48 scale MPM He177A-5 Greif

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

treyzx10r

Senior Airman
Dec 27, 2010
orlando
Finished this kit a month or so ago ,the fit left a lot to be desired but it was worth the effort in the end .Finished with Modelmaster enamel and acrylic and topcoated with testors dullcoat
he177fini006.jpg

he177fini005.jpg

he177fini2001.jpg

he177fini2002.jpg

he177fini2005.jpg

he177fini2007.jpg

he177fini2004.jpg

thanks for looking and all comments welcome ,I've got thick skin so fire away

What a beauty! Excellent airbrushing on the camo!
I've been tempted to get that kit, but have never done so due to the cost, and my lack of display space for such a large airplane when completed.

thanks Glenn,I did'nt realize myself how large this kit was going to be,the wing span is just over 2 foot.It also sucked up a lot of paint,putty and sand paper the final build tab was a bit more than was accounted for needless to say:shock:

Very, very nice. You should be well pleased with that. Great weathering. You've done an excellent job.

Flexi

I like what you've done. Great work. Were the aircraft letters (U) inboard of the crosses on the underside on this rig? They're usually outboard toward the wing tips. Just curious.

Very nice, I love those 1/48 kits. Like the last two shots, looks like the plane is actually flying. nicely posed. Like to try that with the B-29. gonna look for a big blue sheet tonight

Big thanks everyone,I was not up to speed on researching before building on this kit and must confess I trusted the box art and decal instructions:oops:the U markings probably are wrong.
he177decalpic.jpg

But the real kick in my dangly bits came when I found this pic after I painted it. The cammo lines top to bottom at the wing roots and tail are totally wrong:evil:
I was too disgusted to fix it
He177-A5-11.jpg

I know better now and try a lot harder on my researching

Last edited:
Personally, I've never really cared if I'm 100% accurate. Now I don't go off on a tangent. I try to stay as close as I can to reality but in the end, I'm building for me, not a museum and what I like and what I think looks good. You've done an excellent job.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back