1/48 Spitfire Mk. XVI e - Home Country Modern Aircraft/Spitfire Marks GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Aaron Brooks Wolters

Brigadier General
Jul 28, 2007
Abingdon, VA.
Username: Aaron Brooks Wolters
Name: Brooks
Category: Intermediate
Kit: Italeri Spitfire Mk. XVI e
Scale: 1/48
Accessories: OOB

Hopefully I can get started on this one soon. Still fighting with the Thunderbolt. Just my lack of experience.

Attachments

• IMG_4239 resized 20.jpg
    IMG_4239 resized 20.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 230
Last edited by a moderator:
Nice one Aaron. I want to do one of those in the overall 'silver' post-war colours of 609 Squadron - black 'PR' codes and black anti-glare panel - just a bit different to the norm.

Thanks guys. I hope I can do it justice. I am getting frustrated with the Thunderbolt, due to lack of experience with the small parts handling and what not. I keep messing things up and having to repair.

You'll do fine. Seeing some of the nice work you've done to now, I'm sure you'll do it justice. All of us have our moments. Just remember that it's a hobby and that your life doesn't depend on it!

I agree with Andy. Just take it steady, plan ahead, and remember the more test-fitting you do, the easier the actual fitting of parts will be. Always look ahead, in fact, work backwards from visualising the finished model, in order to work out and plan how each stage can be done, and what effect this might have on previous and successive stages. As Wojtek often says, it's not a race, and each stage will take as long as it takes to get the job done to the required standard, and with the least complication.
It's a hobby and, like any creative hobby, the main thing is to enjoy it, and end up with a finished subject which is satisfying to you, built to the best of your abilities - and these abilities generally improve with practice and experience. Get the basic right first, and the rest will eventually follow.

I agree with Andy. Just take it steady, plan ahead, and remember the more test-fitting you do, the easier the actual fitting of parts will be. Always look ahead, in fact, work backwards from visualising the finished model, in order to work out and plan how each stage can be done, and what effect this might have on previous and successive stages. As Wojtek often says, it's not a race, and each stage will take as long as it takes to get the job done to the required standard, and with the least complication.
It's a hobby and, like any creative hobby, the main thing is to enjoy it, and end up with a finished subject which is satisfying to you, built to the best of your abilities - and these abilities generally improve with practice and experience. Get the basic right first, and the rest will eventually follow.

Amen to that.... :)

Will see soon Karl. I need to get over the hump on the Tbolt first. There are only three sprues worth of parts in the kit so if you want a detailed model it would be advisable to get some extra parts. Everything in the kit looks great though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back