1/48 Spitfire Vc- Mediterranean Theater of Operations (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

rochie

Staff
Mod
Username: Rochie
First name: Karl
Category: Intermediate
Scale: 1/48
Manufacturer: airfix
Model Type:Spitfire Vc trop
Aftermarket addons: decals from spares file, quick boost MkIX exhausts

the subject

"Rosie" Mackie's Spitfire was re painted green/grey over the normal dessert colours in preperation for a move to italy.
i have a theme running of RAF green/grey cammo on most of the major types used by the service so this fitted in nicely.

i have seen this done with yellow or blue code letters, but i am sticking with grey because in his book "Rosie" mentions the re paint but says nothing of unusual coloured code letters, which i think he would of if they were indeed painted a different colour to regulations !

spit_V_60.jpg

more pictures
note the MkIX exhauts, these were fitted to another of Mackie's Spitfires and after a crash landing he returned, removed them and fitted them to JK715 !

i will be building this one at the same time as its mid stone/dark earth coloured twin from the other thread.

SNA.jpg

Last edited:
Nice one Karl. I would agree that the codes are certainly not yellow, as the second pic shows the tone of the letters and the outer ring of the roundel to be slightly different.

And three next profiles that can come in handy... the source : the Internet.

SpitMkVc_6exhaust1.jpg

SpitMkVc_6exhaust3.jpg

SpitMkVc_6exhaust2.jpg

airfix's Spitfire Vc/seafire kit is a mix of old and new, it's their old Vb kit with a new set of Vc wings.
the fuselage has raised panel lines but the new wings have recessed panel lines, you also get the old wings in the box so a Spitfire Vb is also possible from this kit !

i've included a shot of the quick boost MkIX exhausts as Mackie's Spitfire was fitted with them

DSC_0200.jpg

DSC_0201.jpg

DSC_0203.jpg

Last edited:
I think I get it! But I would recommend adding something in the title of the posts to help differentiate the two builds... Vc (Desert)... Vc(Green/Gray) or something like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back