1/48 Tamiya F4U-1/2 Corsair (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Well, you know how I wanted to get a plane for my teacher? Could not find a Hurri or a Typhoon. So I went with a Birdcage Corsair. I've heard this kit is great. I'll be doing it up in European Theater FAA markings, and I have to get it done ASAP with this weekend being toast with Grad, Aftergrad and such.

product_thumb.php

Some pics:

Corsair001.jpg

Corsair003.jpg

Corsair004.jpg

Corsair005.jpg

Sorry about the Low Quality of the cockpit shots, my camera just can't take pics in that close I guess.

It will end up with Dark Sea Gray and Dark Slate Gray Camo on top and Sky on the bottom. I painted some of the Sky before airbrushing because of the size of the pieces and the fact that they had Yellow Zinc Chromate on the inside. The wings and fuselage will be airbrushed.

Looking great Catch :)

Its a great kit. I built one a few years back when I was younger. Went together real easy.

Got another one stashed away waiting for me.

Painted the bottom Sky. These will probably be the last progress pics until Monday, with Grad taking up tomorrow and then the aftergrad going until 5, I'll sleep most of Sunday.

Corsair006.jpg

Corsair007.jpg

Corsair008.jpg

Here are the pics I promised! I should be able to get most of the rest of construction done tomorrow. This paint has turned out the best since we got the airbrush.

Corsair009.jpg

Corsair010.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back