++ **** DONE: 1/48 WYVERN S.4 - Military Conflicts of the 1950's

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Wojtek, do you have any clear shots of the fuel tank with the wings folded? All I've found are what we've previously posted here. Looking to see if there is any piping. You'll note in my photo below that the fuel tanks attach into square notches and will be visible, which is how they hook up in real life as well.

003.JPG

Also note the nice tight fit to the wing, well done Trumpeter. That's it for me gents, camp bus in 2½ hrs. Have a good week all. THIS WILL BE FINISHED NEXT WEEK, maybe

Tried to find but nothing so far. Just this ...

wywern folding wing.jpg

The only one that would help could be the shot. Unfortunately I can't find any of the good quality ...

wywern folding wing1.jpg

Thanks for looking Wojtek. I wonder if this is the fuel line....

capture.jpg

....it seems to be close to the rear slot. Maybe the line came up through the rear lug on the fuel tank

Do you know I thought exactly the same? The 90-gallon drop tank is the same used for the Sea Fury. The difference seems to be the pylon only. So the layout of tank pipes should be the same. Because the tank was of the jettison type there should be a possibility of quick disconnection.

I checked the tech section and all we have are the Pilot's Notes. Nothing there.

Good detail pics here but no drop tank

Last edited:
That hose is coming from the outer wing, so if there's a fuel tank out there, it very well could be a fuel line. As far as I know, the lines from the tank were inside the pylon fairing, as on the Sea Fury, and they might have connected to what appears to be 'blanked off' connectors, at the butt end of the red arrow in the pic, which also just happens to have a 'hand' indicator resting on it.
If these are the connectors, and they look like it, then the tanks fuel and pressure lines would feed through those slots, and connect to these. I'd guess there would be a 'snap off' connector inside the pylon, which would connect to the hose which lead to the connectors in the wing, one which, I'd guess fuel, is seen hanging down at the tip of the red arrow - the 'blanked off' connector I would guess is the pressure line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back