++ **** DONE: 1/48 WYVERN S.4 - Military Conflicts of the 1950's

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thank you sir. Finished painting the strips and will clear coat tomorrow and start putting decals on the fuselage. Then it's the lil bits and done

Well.......this sucks.

002.JPG

001.JPG

That my friends is water reacting to Mr. Mark setting solution. The decal hung on for dear life once I placed it so, as my wont, I flooded the area with water, and more water and more water. It took close to 5 minutes for the decal to start to move. In the mean time the decal sustained some damage. Note the roundel reacted in a similar fashion and the same method was used without the staining. I'm going to let this sit for a bit. It's happened before and I think I just brushed some setting solution around the stain and it totally disappeared

That staining happens to me a lot wile using Solv-Set. And also sometimes the Micro setting solutions. Its a reaction with the Future. I get rid of it my carefully swabbing the area with a Windex soaked Q-tip after the decal has sat for a bit, swabbing from the decal out. It removes the future but its a simple matter to brush some more on which also seals the decal.

Thanks gents. Just need to get the serial numbers on and the deecals are done. A test fit of the prop spinner show a very tight fit. The props themselves have flash and sink holes so I've just applied a coat of Hole-B-Gone®...

001.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back