1/48 Yak-3 "Normandie Niemen" - Winter War / Eastern War WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Rogi

Master Sergeant
Aug 1, 2011
User Name: Rogi
Name: Igor
Category: Beginer
Kit: Eduard Presents "Normandie-Niemen"
Accessories: maybe some extra detail, we will see.

I need a pick me up after the He-115 sadness :( so I'll try and do a Yak-3 (this time finish and not have it crash onto my floor :(

Kit looks straight forward and decals look pretty good in this issue (it is one of Eduard's earlier offerings in the black and red box)

I've mis-placed the instructions but will pick a color scheme when I find them :D

This is an excellent chance to do a French fighter squadron in the Soviet Union :) They fought together with the Soviets :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Good stuff Igor and I hope you get to finish this one. You might find a copy of the instructions on the Eduard web site.

But the choice may be difficult... :lol:

Yak-3s of the Normandie Niemen.jpg

nn.jpg

Last edited:
Jan... looking at the profile I would say it wasn't Yak-3 but Yak-9.

In meantime...

Art-Air-Magazine-Normandie-Niemen-Pilot-list-0A.jpg

Last edited:
Wojtek is their a difference between those two canopies ? The 9T looks more bubbled maybe or the artist messed up :dontknow:

Wojtek is their a difference between those two canopies ? The 9T looks more bubbled maybe or the artist messed up :dontknow:

I think it is a mistake made by the artist because I have never read or heard of the kind of cockpit conopy. The difference between the Yak-9 and Yak-9T was the location of the cockpit. Because of the length of the NS-37 gun it was moved 40cm back for the T variant. The rear part of it was modified with the U type . Please, have a look at these pictures below.

Yak-9...
yak9.jpg

Yak9T...
yak9tT.jpg

yak9T_1.jpg

Yak9K...
yak9K_1.jpg

yak9K.jpg

Yak9U...
Jak-9UT_1.jpg

Jak-9UT_3.jpg

Jak-9UT45.jpg