1:48th scale Vulcan Bomber

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Robert Porter

Senior Master Sergeant
I have been searching high and low for a 1:48th scale Vulcan Bomber. There is one older kit that sometimes shows up on eBay/Amazon but does anyone know of one coming out soon?

The only kit in 1/48th scale that I know of, is the vac-form kit from Sangar, and in that scale, it'll be bl**dy big !!
Around five years ago, there was a very strong rumour (from the trade) that Airfix were going to release a 1/48th scale Vulcan, but to date, they've only done it in 1/72nd scale.
But, just to keep you happy for now, here's one "I made earlier" !!

LG 101.jpg

Very nice! I did see Airfix had released a Victor in 1:48 which I have ordered. I was hoping to do the pair as a memory of the Falklands bomb run the Vulcan did. And the kit you mention is the one I keep seeing crop up, but don't think my skills are up to a vac kit just yet.

Very nice! I did see Airfix had released a Victor in 1:48 which I have ordered. I was hoping to do the pair as a memory of the Falklands bomb run the Vulcan did. And the kit you mention is the one I keep seeing crop up, but don't think my skills are up to a vac kit just yet.
Robert in think the victor was 1/72 scale, otherwise I would of had one by now

I recently watch an hour long show where they interviewed the crews of both the Vulcan and some of the Victor pilots that participated in the raid. Interesting side note, they almost scratched the raid because of a missing piece of the in flight refueling system, but someone discovered it being used as an ash tray in the pilot ready room.

I always was partial to the Vulcan and the B-58 Hustler, as far as jets go. The Vulcan had the greatest lines while the Hustler screamed raw power. When the Hustler arrived as an early teen my Mom thought I was buying a boxed set of a naughty magazine!
Now I must admit I would of loved to have seen a B-58 fly, I imagine it would of been very impressive

Had I been a smart man in the way back when, I would have chosen to build multi-engines in 1/72. Starting to dread when I get around to building my 1/48 AC-130 and B-29
I have to say I am tempted to try one, I was thinking of ordering a B-25 from someone in 1:72 just to see how it goes. But I do love the bigger versions. However having said that, my B-24D and my new B-17G are going to wait until I get a bit more practice. I am going to order a B-29 when I can save up enough to complete the set as it were.

I never got to see a Hustler in flight, but growing up in Connecticut I saw LOTS of B-52's that operated out of Westover AFB near Springfield MA. Including several that were doing "low and slow" runs up the Connecticut river. THAT was awesome!

B-36's were monsters! I can bet that was a memory hard to forget! Never saw one in the air but I did see one on static display once, honestly do not remember where, but it was HUGE!

I imagine she would be! But like George said above, may be wise on my part to start looking at 1:72 for the larger ones anyway. All my bombers are going to end up either wall mounted or as a ceiling dangler.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back