1/72 Airfix Grumman J2F-5 Duck, circa 1939

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

That is a really good model of an interesting subject, the weathering is beautifully done.

Yes...the model kit is super but I don't like the real plane...I saw this plane in a Air show in Arizona 5 years ago...

Great job on the Duck!! I've got 2 kits of this crate. I've been wanting to do it in the colors from the movie "Murphy's War". Just haven't had the time........:(

Great build mate!

If you want to replace the glasswork with vacform items, let me know...I have a Falcon set going spare.

Great job on the Duck!! I've got 2 kits of this crate. I've been wanting to do it in the colors from the movie "Murphy's War". Just haven't had the time........:(

cool...i've got the dvd of murphy's war, which was actually in british colors...royal blue perhaps? less the engine cowling...

this airfix kit unfortunately is quite inaccurate in certain details, and from what i heard of the octopus brand kit, it's not as detailed either, even with the resin parts thrown in...

oh well...

Great work. But how'd you get it to flip over off it's back?

hmmm...that's a tricky question there...fortunately, the wings and the tail fin align just about right, so flipping it over wasn't too hard...

Hey folks,

The "Duck" won 1st prize in the Senior Category of the recent local National Airfix Cup 2010, and also bagged "Best Airfix Kit" as well...

duck_awardcopy.jpg

airfixcup2010_duck.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back