1/72 Anigrand Curtiss XP-60C/E resin kit

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

TheRealMrEd

Airman 1st Class
Aug 2, 2017
or my first completion of the New Year, may I present my rendition of the Anigrand 1/72 scale resin XP-60. While Anigrand provides the simple necessities for the XP-60C and E variants, sadly, they did not offer items to build the XP-60A, B, or D versions, all of which I think are more unusual. Due to the simplicity of the various parts, sparse cockpit, etc., I elected to sort of "take a break" and build it as the XP-60C, which at least adds to my collection of "Double Twister" propeller-driven models!

The XP-60 series derived from the proposed Curtis XP-53, all of which is explained quite well elsewhere on-line, so I will just say that it is simply another example of Curtis aircraft trying to extend the P-40 series into infinity, mostly efforts that failed due to poor or late engines, war-time production needs of P-47's (sub-contracted), or just design passing them by. In this case, their under-belly scoop and laminar wings had more drag than did the P-51's, and so forth.

Here is the box:

2v2eepLQvxfzdhW.jpg

and without fanfare, a few pictures:

2v2eepLK9xfzdhW.jpg

2v2eepLpJxfzdhW.jpg

2v2eepLwHxfzdhW.jpg

I was originally going to do a build thread, but a resin fighter is a resin fighter, more or less, the world 'round, so I didn't. Didn't seem to be much to show to add to the modeling world's collective knowledge. I'm just posting these for the historical value, and because it's sort of an odd critter.

Thanks for looking,

Ed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back