1/72 Bf 109E-4 - Your Favorite Aircraft of All Time GB (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I'll just post a small update, next week I'm getting to babysit a huge house that has like 4 garages so I'll have tons of space (and time :D ) to paint hopefully I'll get this beauty and the P-51 done :D

Almost forgot the 109 pics today,

here I'll have to re-do the bottom section since the paint cracked :(
same technique for the yellow, although I made the cowling and wings a little more faded than on my P-51.
DSCN5261.jpg

Its hard to get the spray right and looking ok, I might redo the under wing sections but I'm guessing once weathering is added a bit with oils and pastels it'll be more to my taste :S
DSCN5260.jpg

DSCN5259.jpg

I'm happy with the cowling and I think it'll need a bit of touch up with another 1-2 coats of the Lemon Yellow but I like the effect of the weathering.
DSCN5256.jpg

I have the cowling section on the bottom to still take a photo of, after assembly, I might wait until the completiton of the complete camo. I was thinking a Dark Green (I think TAmiya XF-61? or XF-73? I think the 61 is more suitable to resemble the upper section.) and Tamiya Light blue for the bottom.

Just a small update, did some airbrushing at my uncles the other day, here is the bottom blue section, will have to retouch the tail :)

DSCN8315_zps1d066598.jpg

Sadly, I've lost the Canopy :( so I'll hopefully either buy a replacement or find it later in the spring :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back