++ 1/72 DH Venom FB.1 - Military Conflicts of the 1950's (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

A4K

Colonel
Dec 17, 2007
The back of beyond
User name: A4k
Name: Evan
Category: Intermediate
Scale: 1:72
Kit: Czech Master Resin No.188 - De Havilland 112 Venom FB.1
Accessories: None necessary - very comprehensive kit!

Subject:
WE470 'O', No.14 Sqn. RNZAF, based at RAF Tengah, Singapore, 1955-58 (Operation 'Firedog')
Flown by Flt. Lt. Stuart McIntyre, awarded the DFC on August 30, 1957 in "recognition of gallant and distinguished services in Malaya".

(No.14 Sqn's Venoms were leased from the RAF, hence RAF serials)

Biting the bullet. Don't know when or if I will have time to complete this, but if you don't try...

Pics up when batteries charged.

Last edited:
Cheers Andy and Wojtku. Gave up on the camera batteries, photographed with the phone.

In addition to various RNZAF photos collected from books and the net, have ordered a disc copy of the DH Venom maintenance manual. In the post as we speak...

Attachments

• DSC_1818.JPG
    DSC_1818.JPG
    801.9 KB · Views: 223
  • DSC_1819.JPG
    DSC_1819.JPG
    961.2 KB · Views: 193
  • DSC_1821.JPG
    DSC_1821.JPG
    958.4 KB · Views: 184
Last edited:
Cheers guys, appreciate the comments and photos!

The 'DH Venom Airframe Course' disc arrived too, so all systems go.

Edited first post - decided on subject aircraft:
WE470 'O', flown by Flt. Lt. Stuart McIntyre, 14 Sqn. RNZAF, awarded the DFC on August 30, 1957 in "recognition of gallant and distinguished services in Malaya".

Now to research production numbers - early production aircraft had fixed seats apparently. Need to know at which point they changed to ejection seats (Martin Baker Mk.2F), to know which cockpit layout required.

Btw, this is my first 'all resin' kit build , so any advice gladly taken on board!

Cheers :)

I will watch how a mere mortal handles resin as well. ive got a couple I want to build as well, and haven't a clue on how to do it. will be watching with a lot of interest.....

Oooo! Nice Evan (how are ya Mate, long time no hear) Looking forward to seeing how this goes. Bit of detail here for reference, although this is a Swiss Venom: warbirds

Nice pics Wojtek, like the Aussie Lincolns, too.

Grant's pics probably cover most areas Evan, But I'll see what I have in my photos, and send some pics some time within the next few days. Might be going back down to Norfolk soon, so trying to get up to date with everything that was left whilst I was away last week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back