1/72 Focke Wulf Fw58B Aviacao Naval, Brazil - Me/ Fw Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

vikingBerserker

Lieutenant General
Apr 10, 2009
South Carolina
User name: VikingBerserker
Name: David
Category: 2, Intermediate
Kit: Azur Scale: 1/72nd.
Accessories: Possibly some scratch building

And now for something completely different....

My entry for this Group Build will be of a Fw 58B of the Brazilian Navy.

"Focke Wulf FW-58B Weihe – This aircraft was employed as a bomber training missions. They were used by the Brazilian Navy and were assembled in Brazil, from 1938, under license from German government, at the General Naval Aviation workshops at Galeao airbase. Later, under Law Decree # 3.302, from 22 May 1941, those facilities were upgraded and were designated as Galeao Aircraft Factory. FW-58B were active in the Brazilian Air Force until 1950.During the World War II, they were employed in patrol duties in the southeast and southern regions. and later they were transferred to the National Air Mail.

In 25 June 1943, Lieutenant o George R. W. Bugner, in one FW-58B from the Squadron at Galeão Airbase, and his machine gunner when in one routine patrol sweep off 30 miles off Cabo Frio, 100 miles northern Rio de janeiro, sighted and attacked one submarine, dropping one 300 lbs depth charge in the moment when the sub made a crash dive in view of the contact with the attacker. The bomb exploded in the swirl of the immersion. There was no confirmation whether the sub was hit, however the fact is that the Germans were alerted of the constant presence of increasing air activity from Brazilian Air Force.

Armament: 2 Rheinmetall Borsig MG15 7,92mm, machine guns being one in the nose and 1 in a dorsal turret. Also it could carry a load of 200 pounds of bombs under the wings. " from Sixtant - FOCKE WULF FW-58 WEIHE

Attachments

• Picture 052.jpg
    Picture 052.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 253
  • Picture 053.jpg
    Picture 053.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 276
  • Picture 059.jpg
    Picture 059.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 294
  • Fw58B.JPG
    Fw58B.JPG
    42.8 KB · Views: 295
Last edited by a moderator:
I've been wondering where you got to David very different and interesting, this one is a corker and most definitely your forte.
happy0034.gif

Ok, I've been working on the cockpit for the past 3 nights and finally finished today. Last night when painting the PE lever heads yellow (btw 1/72 PE levers are a pain in the <cough>!), I managed to drop the bottle of yellow paint in my lap :lol: Oh the good times...

Attachments

• FW58 Cockpit 2.JPG
    FW58 Cockpit 2.JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 201
  • FW58 Cockpit 1.JPG
    FW58 Cockpit 1.JPG
    48.2 KB · Views: 215
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back