1/72 Fw 190D-9 - Allied Advance and Defense of the Reich WWII. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

imalko

Chief Master Sergeant
Mar 2, 2009
Vojvodina, Serbia
Username: imalko
First name:Igor
Category: Intermediate
Scale: 1/72
Manufacturer: Hobby Boss
Model Type: Focke Wulf Fw 190D-9
Details: "Black 4" of II/JG 6, Furth, Germany, May 1945

Last edited by a moderator:
Leave it to me to make a new entry into a Group Build which ends in about two weeks. However, I need a blitz build to renew my interest and motivation and considering the simplicity of the kit I've chosen think I'll manage to finish this on time.
For now, here are couple of shots of the kit - simple and with very few parts as you can see. The color profile and last picture bellow show aircraft which is the subject of this build. Decal sheet doesn't include option for "Black 4", but I'll use my spares from another kit.

003.jpg

004.jpg

2_16.jpg

nK7dHVr.png

Last edited:
You have all the time in the world! Nice to see you chuck in an entry Igor and I do hope it succeeds in rekindling your interest.

Great to have a late addition to this GB. Your little Dora can join the big Dora and medium Dora.

Thanks for your comments guys.
Here's the first update - the model is put together and ready for painting now. (It helps to speed up the process of assembly when you have one part fuselage and one part main wing.) Anyway, here are few shots to show how she looks at the moment...

007.jpg

006.jpg

005.jpg

Good choice, and good progress so far, Igor.
I used the Hobby Boss FW190A-8 for the very first GB introduction, and not having built a 1/72nd scale kit for many years, at that time, I was impressed by the simplicity, and the fine detail, for such a small (to me) subject.
You should get it done with time to spare I reckon !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back