1/72 Hasegawa T-33 in PAF Colors (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

wingnutz

Airman 1st Class
Apr 20, 2007
Singapore
T-33 finished pix here...

Hey Folks,

Another PAF build, this time it's my rendition of the PAF's first jet trainer. Derived from the F-80 Shooting Star airframe, Lockheed Martin came up with this jet trainer which would become the most widely used jet trainer in the world. Some countries still even fly this circa 1950s plane.

This plane operated under the PAF's 105th Combat Crew Training Squadron based in Basa Air Base, Pampanga, Philippines.

This is one of my more detailed decal jobs so far that I've done on my builds. Among the PAF T-33 colors, I decided to do a rendition of "NorMel", which had one of the more interesting color schemes and markings.

The build was quite OOB, but the kit had alignment problems and lots of flashing. Raised panel lines needed to be re-scribed. The cockpit needed side walls for the tub, and it was quite a tail sitter, which was remedied with lead weights in the nose. The canopy had alignment problems as well.

But I did enjoy this project a lot, specially with the experience of figuring out how to do the shark mouth markings in the intakes.

Hope you like it as well.

Geese ! That's a nice looking kit and a nice job. I can still remember those things flying into YVR when I was a kid, mind you, in Canada during the 60s that was about the hottest thing you ever saw apart from the odd CF 101 or CF 104.

thanks folks...

i got an F-5A freedom fighter and a choctaw in the works...hope i could do justice to these builds as well...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back