1/72 Italeri Heinkel HE-III H-6; 2/Kg 28, Mediterranean Sea 1942-1943 Group Build (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Maglar

Tech Sergeant
Jan 29, 2009
Florida
Username: Maglar
Category: 3
Scale: 1/72
Manufacturer: Italeri
Model Type: Heinkel HE-111 H6

Should be a good one guys, but be warn it will be a slow one. 3 months is a long time but i've been so pressed on time with school starting and all the crap that comes with that, and when I hit weekends im out with friends and relaxing.

The kit looks to be a simple one, but the mottle will give me a little swing! I do like how they have all the little pilot figures, possible dio?? :)

Attachments

• DSC_0416.JPG
    DSC_0416.JPG
    113 KB · Views: 274
  • DSC_0417.JPG
    DSC_0417.JPG
    125.4 KB · Views: 264
  • DSC_0424.JPG
    DSC_0424.JPG
    121 KB · Views: 268
  • DSC_0425.JPG
    DSC_0425.JPG
    112 KB · Views: 262
Last edited:
Hasn't it already been a month? :)

Yep, you are right - MTO GB started officially on 1st August... but there is still plenty of time to do this model. Its really a nice choice (and the first He 111 in this GB if I'm not mistaken). Looking forward to see your work on this project Maglar.

Thanks all... with the way the mottle is it looks like I could cut some pieces of masking tape into shape and just spray the sand color over a olive green surface, which would be easier then taking that gut risk with a airbrush.

If you are sticking with the "Sand and Green" scheme then you could try overall MATT Sand/Brown and use a Dark Green Pastel to create your mottle! seal it with Gloss and your in business!

I will do you a sample of what I mean....

Sure wayne.. I already know the mottle is going to be a pain in the rear! Big task on small plane :lol:

Daniel, I have an aztek airbrush.. pretty standard.

Yes.. stressing over how many small windows there are and the mottle. Hopefully my man paul can possibly get some reference shots, I always love what you dig up! :)

Yes.. stressing over how many small windows there are and the mottle. Hopefully my man paul can possibly get some reference shots, I always love what you dig up! :)

Hi Maglar, well for a quick start and reference I would recommend these two links though I will see what I can dig up. The second link if I remember right may help with turrent layouts.

http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/other-mechanical-systems-tech/heinkel-111-manuals-15170.html
http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/weapons-systems-tech/german-bomber-turrets-13866.html

Was gonna suggest airbrushing with the gray tip

but I would now definately recommend using Wayne's method :D

Looking forward to seeing this build progress!

I have gray and tan.. there is a difference but I havent played with it enough to notice, besides the "high flow".

Thanks paul.. should help, but I dont intend on scratchbuilding all that detail! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back