1/72 Messerschmitt Bf 110 (Scratch) Heavy Hiters Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

imalko

Chief Master Sergeant
Mar 2, 2009
Vojvodina, Serbia
After some consideration I've decided that my entry to this Group Build will be scratch (wood/metal) build Messerschmitt Bf 110 in 1/72 scale. In order to comply with subject of the GB, this will be Bf 110 in fighter bomber role equipped with bombs. I still haven't decided on the paint scheme for this model (although I have some ideas), but there is plenty of time to discuss that later in the thread.

As with my entry to PTO GB, this model will be build of wood for wings and fuselage and thin metal sheet for tail surfaces. This time I would like to build a model with landing gear lowered. When ordnance is concerned I will use surplus parts from old kits (250kg and 50kg bombs).

So far I've done work on tail surfaces, so here are first photos...

Attachments

• 1_01.jpg
    1_01.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 333
  • 1_02.jpg
    1_02.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 331
  • 1_03.jpg
    1_03.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 333
  • 1_04.jpg
    1_04.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 354
Here are two more photos of materials I'll use to build this model...

Attachments

• 1_05.jpg
    1_05.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 330
  • 1_06.jpg
    1_06.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 336
I'm looking forward to this one Igor, and what a great start! That tail unit is fantastic!

Cheers fellas! Thanks a lot!
Well, I guess that tail unit turned out rather all right (if I may say so myself :oops: ), but further work on this model will have to wait for a week or so till I finish my Hurricane in MTO GB.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back