1/72 Messerschmitt Me-210 A-1, BN+CO of ZG-2 - Me/ Fw Group Build.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Florence

Senior Airman
Sep 27, 2009
NSW, Australia
One from the stash.

Username: Florence
Name: David
Category: Beginnerer
Scale: 1/72
Kit: Italeri #077 Me 210 A-1

Attachments

• IMG_0818.JPG
    IMG_0818.JPG
    58.1 KB · Views: 285
  • IMG_0822.JPG
    IMG_0822.JPG
    51.7 KB · Views: 344
Last edited by a moderator:
All I have found so far on this particular bird. Any other references out there?
Will be asking some questions for sure.
Cheers,
David.

Attachments

• 1-Me-210A-Hornisse-(BN+CO)-01.jpg
    1-Me-210A-Hornisse-(BN+CO)-01.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 350
  • 0-Me-210A1-KG1_3-(BN+CO)-Lecce-Italy-1942-0A.jpg
    0-Me-210A1-KG1_3-(BN+CO)-Lecce-Italy-1942-0A.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 407
Out of interest can anyone clarify the unit this aircraft belonged to? Kit says ZG.2 above profile says III/1.ZG? Or same plane different time period?

ZG 1 were the main users of the Me 210. I can find only one reference to a ZG 2 machine in the Petrick and Stocker book Werknummer list. The unit code should be 2N + ?? if so, not BN. There's plenty of photos of ZG 1 machines being used in Tunisia.

Whoops! Edited to say I must read posts properly before I reply!

BN + CO is the factory Stamkenzeichen, the radio codes for this aircraft supplied direct from the manufacturer, it has yet to have these painted over and the unit codes applied, which would be 2N+?? if a ZG 1 aircraft.

I can check the Stkz tomorrow for you - I need to sleep now!

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies evryone. Hope to get some modelling done real soon.

David.

Nice project David!

Got the same kit myself in the cupboard, so will watch this with interest. (Btw, got a spare canopy if you need one, I'm using a Falcon vacform for mine)

Evan

Thanks Evan. I have been known to bugger up the odd canopy - fingers crossed with this one. Having to glue it together will be interesting.

David.

Cannot get canopy to square up right. Not sure what I am doing wrong. Have a vac form replacement on backorder at the LHS.

David.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back