1/72 Mig 3 "Red 02" of the 120th IAP of Moscow Air Defence, Completed (Almost) (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Do you have a very thin drill I mean of 0.3mm for instance?

So Ok... drill not too deep small hole in the correct place of the fuselage.Then apply with a needle a very small drop of a glue to the hole.Or if you want , on one of the ends of the thread. But I suggest testing which one glue ( a glue for plastic or cyanoacrylate Superglue) is better for the nylon thread.Simply try to stick the thread to a piece of mould frame.
Then put the thread into the hole and wait for glue hardening. Of course the wire from the fin to the mast had to be sticked before.Now stretch the thread and add a drop of a glue at the place where both wires crosse.Wait for a while for hardening of the glue.Using scissors or a razor blade or a sclapel cut off the excess of the thread.

Ok, I'm putting this one on the shelf for good this time. Its not perfect by any means but I'm happy with most of the rework.

The engine cowl and radio wire looks much better then before. The only thing is after reworking the cowl I lost the gear reduction numbers. Not that big deal. Once I figure out how to weather aircraft I will bring it back out. There isn't much detail in this kit but I think some weathering would bring out some of it nicely. Till then here she is.

Picture002.jpg

Picture004.jpg

Picture006.jpg

Picture007.jpg

Picture008.jpg

Picture004.jpg

Picture011.jpg

Picture012.jpg

Thanks for looking

Very bad set, it cannot be fixed. MiG-3 from Hobbi Boss is better. It is much more accurate.

Attachments

• photo_1_1377012989.jpg
    photo_1_1377012989.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 33
  • photo_8_1377012989.jpg
    photo_8_1377012989.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 28

Users who are viewing this thread

Back