1/72 Revell Hawker Hunter + PJ Production Resin Conversion T.7

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

wingnutz

Airman 1st Class
Apr 20, 2007
Singapore
Here's my build of the Hawker Hunter T.7 of RAF 20 Squadron, Tengah Airbase, Singapore, circa 1965.

The main kit was from a Revell 1/72 FGA.9 from the intake to the tail section of the fuselage and wings. The front end was from PJ Production resin set conversion for a T.7 trainer. The PJ resin set offers both the single gun and two gun options as well.

Colors are Mr Hobby Acrylics and weathered with Mr Hobby Weathering Pastels and Tamiya Panel Line Accent Colors. Decals are from the spares box.

HunterFGA9_Trainer_01.jpg

HunterFGA9_Trainer_03.jpg

HunterFGA9_Trainer_06.jpg

More images here>

Having the Revell kit as a base makes this build easier as marrying the PJ resin parts to it is the main challenge. A lot of test fitting should be done to make sure these main assemblies sit together. The vacu-formed canopy was also from the PJ set.

Added details and mods;
> Fuselage blisters;
> Various antennas> IFF, fuselage belly and wings;
> Wind screen wipers;

The front part of the Revell kit was used for my other Hunter build, so nothing was wasted.

Much thanks to Mr Goh Yong Kiat for the references of this build. There are other available kits in the market like Pro Resins as an option to going this way to build a T.7.

Nicely done conversion. I have a 1/48th scale version to do, using the Academy F6 and the Aeroclub conversion kit, to be finished as a 4 FTS, RAF Valley, aircraft.

Much thanks folks...

Hopefully Airfix also comes up with their version of this kit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back