1/72 scale rule? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Apr 22, 2016
High Bridge, NJ
After all these years I realized how useful it would be to have a 1/72nd scale rule. (and 1/144 for that matter: those are the two scales I usually build in...)

I ordered a triangular one from Amazon that included 1/48, 1/24 and 1/32 that looked good.

It finally arrived and though it's well made, the measurements are in metric!! LOL! So if I want to use a plan from SAM, or an old profile, etc. I have to do the conversion every time. Sort of a pain...

Can anyone recommend another reasonably priced non-metric 1/72 scale rule?

tia

Try to find the AK Interactive Metallic Multi Scale Triangular Ruler AKI 9049 or the Excel Hobby Tools 55779 12" Deluxe Scale Model Reference Ruler. If these are too expensive you may try to find the Expo Tools 74172 1:72 scale steel ruler.

Agree, Always you may use a electronic digital caliper with a switch Metric-Imperial and back.

74031.jpg

the source: Measuring Tools

Gotta love those medieval British kings. Didn't even have metric measurements to use for a guide.

Gotta love those medieval British kings. Didn't even have metric measurements to use for a guide.
Medieval kings were not British but either English or Scottish. There were attempts at decimalisation for instance there are 10 chains in a furlong and there were 10 florins to a pound, this helped things enormously.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back