1/72 Spitfire Mk Vc Sword or Airwaves resin

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Zippythehog

Senior Airman
Jan 7, 2017
Hi,
Does anyone have a Sword Spit Mk V C they'd be willing to sell? I'm keen to build a Malta MkV from 249 Squadron 1942, but almost all the kits in 1/72 are Mk Vb.
I thought about kit bashing a IXc, but I'd just like to build the IX.

Thanks Airframes. I'm in the U.S.

Dollar to Pound and shipping would seem to make a purchase prohibitive.

Before Sword came out with their Vc, I made my own resin conversion for the Hasegawa IX. It was something of a job, but I still have some noses and oil coolers, but being in Europe, not much help for you.
The Sword is not easy to build, especially the canopy and the Vokes airfilter has a poor fit.
A shame that we do not have a major manufacturer doing a world class Vc. I'm still waiting and hoping...

/Finn

I agree.

A little off topic- I recently received my purchase of the 1:72 Tamiya Spit MkVb. What a beautiful kit. I am a little bit intimidated. I don't know if my greasy meat hooks have the necessary dexterity to do it justice. But, I'll still build it.

There is a Sword Seafire Mk.III on E- bay at the moment. Kit contains full Seafire airframe, prop etc... with a complete Spitfire Mk.Vc kit for the common details, including both Vc prop and cannon bulge options, aswell as optional main wheels, exhausts, etc.

Seafire Mk.III (2 decals versions) 1/72 by Sword # 72084 | eBay

NOTE: There is another (cheaper) one aswell, but they've taken the Spit Vc airframe parts out of it. No good for you.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back